Whenever you enter the Task Manager, quite often you notice ravbg64.exe running and consuming too much of the CPU resources. This usually occurs after the installation of a Windows update. Here are the steps to reduce high CPU usage caused by ravbg64.exe.
Restart Realtek Audio Programs
- First of all, you have to invoke the Run dialog. Hit Win + R keys at once on the keyboard.
- After that, you should type ‘msconfig’ in the text section and hit the Enter key or select OK.
- Go to the System Configuration screen that launches, go to the Startup button, and tick the box for every listing of Realtek.
- Later, select the ‘Disable all’ option.
- Now, choose OK to apply the change.
Turn off the Realtek Audio Device
If you want to turn off the Realtek audio device, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Start menu on the system.
- After that, you should enter the Device Manager into the search field and select the option from the search lists.
- Navigate to the screen that opens, move down and find the ‘Sound, game controllers category and video. Expand it.
- Now, go to the Realtek audio device and right-click on it. Select the Disable option from the context menu.
Uninstall and Update Realtek Audio Drivers
If you want to uninstall and update Realtek audio drivers, then pursue the instruction given below.
- To get started, hit the Win + X keys at once on the keyboard to invoke the WinX menu.
- After that, you should find the Device Manager in the list and select it.
- You have to scroll down to ‘Sound, game controllers, and video. Expand it.
- Go to the Realtek High Definition Audio.
- Then choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- If presented with a verification prompt, select OK.
- You should shut all the screens and reboot the system.
- Launch Device Manager.
- You have to select Action, that is shown on the toolbar at the upper of the screen.
- Then select the ‘Scan for hardware changes’ option.
- Now, you have to wait for the procedure to finish. The system will identify the missing Realtek driver.
- Finally, select Install Driver for the newest version to be installed automatically.
Create a Registry Modification
If you want to create a registry modification, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Firstly, you have to hit the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, you should enter ‘regedit’ in the text section and select OK or hit the Enter key.
- You have to select Yes option if presented with the User Account Control pop -up.
- Navigate to the Registry Editor screen, select File and choose Export.
- Later, you should input a name for the file and select a safe location to store it.
- Now, click on Save.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on HP Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.