Improve your Desktop’s Background with conspicuous pictures from the images on the Windows Spotlight.
When you lock your computer and images emerge on your desktop screen in case the Windows Spotlight is switched on. Many times user likes these images and wants to set those as their desktop’s background or screen-saver.
So if you want to take those images, you have two methods to do it:
- Manually on your Computer
- Through the Windows Store App
Find Images on Windows Spotlight on computer:
If these images are visible on your screen, then it is obvious that they are in your computer’s Hard Drive. The problem is to find that obscure folder where they are buried in.
Note: If the Windows Spotlight is not enabled on your computer, then you have to enable it first. By doing this, you can get the newest Bing Images on your own computer.
To reach that folder follow the steps:
- You have to go %systemroot%\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ in the Windows explorer.
- Here you will find files of Windows Spotlight and others too with the strangest file name you have ever seen. Copy all these distinctive named files by right-clicking or Ctrl+C.
- Create a folder in your known location and name it. Paste those copied files in that folder.
- Now because these files have a different file extension, you have to change the file extension of all those files to.jpg
- To do that you have to go to Command Prompt, now navigate the folder where you have pasted all the images of Window Spotlight.
- Now just type ren**. jpg, and run this command.
- After completing this process now, you can go to that folder and notice that you can see these pictures.
- Now go to Windows Setting, and open Personalization to set these images as a Background image. Find the Background on the navigation.
- Go to the Browse, and select that image you wanted as your background from that folder of Spotlight Images.
Now your desktop background is the same as astonishing Spotlight Image.
If you don’t want to do all these steps, you always have another option to get things done.
Images by the apps on Windows Store
In this method, one limitation is eliminated, which is the part of the above method that is the addition of new images automatically. There are two apps to get the images:
- Lockscreen as Wallpaper App
- Spotlight Wallpapers App
Lockscreen as Wallpaper App
These apps have the ability to perform many functions:
- Checking the current images on the Windows Spotlight lock screen.
- Allowing you to set background from Windows Spotlight Images.
- Allows PC to auto-sync the images from Windows Spotlight.
Spotlight Wallpaper App:
If you want more control over the images of Windows Spotlight, then you can use this app. This app allows you to download any specific image from the Windows Spotlight Gallery.
If you like any image, select that image from the list, and from the menu, you have the option to Set as Lockscreen, Set as Wallpaper, or Set Both. In this app, you also have the option to download it.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Windows and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.