Windows 10 users got the privilege to perform various interesting and updated tasks and can run their desired applications. Sometimes, if they wish to launch a particular application on their system, it asks for UAC permissions every time when they want to do the same. It becomes very frustrating as such a prompt appear back to back.
There is a solution for this issue: Set up a scheduled task for running your desired application on your system under Administrator Mode. Then, you can generate a shortcut icon on the desktop. This enables you to perform any function or program smoothly without UAC prompts next time when you hit the particular shortcut.
Follow the given mentioned methods for creating the “Administrator Mode” shortcut so that you can skip upcoming UAC prompts on your screen.
Sources :- Elevated Shortcut without UAC
Steps to Set-Up Scheduled Task on your Device
Scheduled Task is a setup process by which UAC prompts can be skipped for running a targeted program while working on Windows 10. One can deactivate this prompt to appear directly, but it’s not a good method as it can affect your device security for malicious sites and other threats.
Pursue these offered instructions to create the Scheduled Task:
- Firstly, hit the “Start” button and then enter “Task Scheduler” in the provided search box.
- After that, choose the icon of Task Scheduler from the search results.
- Once the “Task Scheduler” page opens, tap on Create Task option, thereby navigating the right-hand side of your window.
- Now, provide an easy and comfortable name to your Task, it’s good if you put no space. Even you can give a brief description as Task’s name, but it is not necessary in this regard.
- Once you have provided a particular name to your Task, then mark the box associated with the “Run with Highest Privileges” option.
- In case you created the same Task on your laptop, then it will not work until the device doesn’t connect to the AC power source. You have to disable the option on your laptop; otherwise, it gets stuck under the “Queued” state whenever you hit on it in unplugged mode.
- Now, tap on Conditions option and then unmark the box located just after the option related to launching the particular Task if it is connected to the AC power source.
- Then, hit the tab “Actions” and then click on the “New” option if you wish to create fresh action for your Task.
- Next, tap on Browse for finding programs that you desire to run whenever you launch the Task.
- Now, search for the specific application or program that you wish to initiate.
- After that, press the “Open” tab thereafter searching and selecting under the section of “File Explorer.”
- Hit on “OK” to save those modifications that you have made.
- Then, tap the OK button once again for completing the task generation process.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, then you are all set in the direction of creating Task Scheduler.
- In case you expect your Task Manager to run smoothly and accordingly, then hit the tab “Task Scheduler Library.”
- Now, apply right-click on your Task by navigating the provided listing and hit the option “Run.” It will be available via the Context menu.
- Finally, get an exit from the Task Manager window.
Steps to Create Shortcut for Starting your Task
- In the beginning, apply right-click on the blank space of your desktop and then tap on the “New” button.
- After that, go to the Shortcut option expanded via the context menu.
- For making a Scheduled Task to run on your device, you should enter the following command followed by entering key:
“sch_tasks / run / tn “< task_Name>.”
- Then, hit the Next tab just after entering the command.
- Now, name your shortcut as simple as you can remember and looks beneficial.
- After that, hit the “Finish” tab to proceed.
- Now, exit the window and go to your desktop screen. There you will see a new shortcut has been created successfully related to the Task whenever you double-click on it. It will automatically initiate to run your Task that prompts the particular program on your device. It will launch with full Admin control without any UAC pop-outs.
- The shortcut will run the command for initiating the Task. In the whole process, the Command window will appear for a while until the application launched on your device.
If you want to remove the flashing of the command window from the launching process, then follow these steps:
- Hit the pull-drop menu option located just after Run and then hit the “Minimized” option there.
- Now, tap the “Change Icon” to modify the icon’s personalization settings.
- In case you get a warning alert related to the modification of your icon, then be confident and tap on OK.
- You can choose the Open tab to browse application options and icons.
- Then, hit on “OK” to save your modifications.
- Finally, hit “OK” as confirmation.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Lexmark printer support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.