Printer error 1801 in Windows 10 occurs due to the conflict between outdated, corrupted drivers or third-party applications. Several times it is the firewall that generates this issue. In case you are facing the issue as well, then the blog will be of great help to you. Here we will teach you how you can fix the issue printer error 1801 with simple steps.
1) Disable Firewall and Antivirus
Follow the steps to fix the printer error 1801 in windows 10 via disable firewall and antivirus:-
- Tap on the Start icon and launch the Settings.
- Visit the Updates and Security.
- Tap on the Windows security tab in the left panel.
- Start Firewall and Network protection.
- In the new Windows, tap on your active network, here you can see the (active) text near the network.
- Go to the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Turn off the Windows protector firewall.
Follow the steps to fix the printer error 1801 in windows 10 via disabling the antivirus:-
- If you are using third party antivirus in your device, then you need to disable it temporarily.
- Right-tap on the antivirus logo in the device tray and chooses turn off or disable protection.
- If you can find any operation on your Device then, open the installed antivirus and disable the defender temporarily.
Disabling the firewall and antivirus can help you solve the issue of printer error 1801. Remember to enable the antivirus and firewall after resolving the issue.
2) Add the printer as Administrator
Follow the steps to add a printer as an administrator:-
- Tap Win + R key to open Run.
- Write control and tap OK to start the Control panel.
- Right-tap on the Add Printer.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
3) Clean the Registry Entries
Follow the steps to fix the printer error 1801 in windows 10 via cleaning the registry entries:-
- Tap the Win + R key to launch Run.
- Write regedit and then tap on the OK to start the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, tap on the file and then tap on Export.
- Type the name of the file that you wish to save in the secure location.
- It will Store a copy of your registry file.
- Now in the Registry Editor move to the (HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironments<PLATFORM>) location.
- Now find the key that matches the file you have saved.
- Right-tap on the button and choose Delete.
- Turn off the registry editor.
- Now add the printer you wish to add and check the improvements.
4) Updates Printer Drivers
Follow the steps to fix the printer error 1801 in windows 10 via updating printer drivers:-
- Tap on Start and write Device.
- Tap on the Device Manager.
- Start the printer queues option.
- Right-tap on the printer and choose update driver.
- Choose ” Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- After this command window will automatically scan and download pending updates.
- When the updates installed, reboot you devise rot checking the improvement.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Brother printer support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.