We all know that Windows 10 is one of the best operating systems with advanced functions and features. However, it has several features that can cause a handful of errors. One such issue is screen error “This app can’t run on your computer.” In this article, we will teach you how you can fix this issue with simple troubleshoots.
How to Fix This Application Can’t Run on Your Computer on Windows 10
Here are seven methods that can help you to fix the error “This app can’t run on your computer” from your windows 10 operating system.
- Creating a Fresh Administrator Account
- Turn off Smart Screen
- Enable Application Side Loading
- Updating Windows Store
- Turn off VPN or Proxy
- Registry Repairing
- Perform System Scan
1) Creating a Fresh Administrator Account
Here are the steps on how to fix error “This app can’t run on your computer” by creating a new administrators account:
- Launch the Settings application and visit “Account.” Then tap on family and other users.
- Move to the “Other users” option and tap on “Add someone else to your computer.”
- Select “I don’t have personal login information.”
- Here you need to select “Add a user without Microsoft account.”
- You need to enter your email id and its password to log in to your account.
- Here you can see the account that is available in the user option.
- Here you need to select a new account and tap on the change account button.
- Select “Administration” in the account type list and then tap on the OK button.
After the above process, you can fix your issue now; you need to check the issue resolved or not; if not, then you need to use another troubleshoot to fix this issue that is given in the next steps.
2) Turn off Smart Screen
Here are the steps on how to turn off Smart Screen:
- Tap Windows + S key on your keyboard to launch the smart screen.
- Select “Change Smart screen settings in the list that appear on your screen.
- Visit the security option and find “Windows SmartScreen.”
- Here you need to tap on “Change settings” and then choose “Do not anything.
- Tap “OK” to save your change.
Smartscreen is an in-built feature of Windows 10 designed to protect you from malware and phishing attacks. According to several users, this feature sometimesdo not work, so it is the best idea to turn off.
3) Enable Application Side Loading
- Launch the setting application and move to the “Updates and security.”
- Visit to “For developer” option and in the “Use developer features” choose “Developer Mode.”
4) Updating Windows Store
- Launch the “Microsoft Store Application” in the start option.
- Tap on the 3 dot menu that appears on the right top corner and then launch “Download and Updates.”
- Tap on the “Get Updates” option.
- After the above process, you cannot start the Microsoft Store application on your computer, and this may be temporary bugs that attaching with the current version of Microsoft Store.
5) Turn off VPN or Proxy
- Right-tap on the Start menu to launch the Control panel.
- Tap on the internet option.
- Launch connection option.
- Tap on LAN settings.
- Here you need to uncheck the field and use a proxy server for the LAN.
- Confirm your change and again try to log in.
6) Registry Repairing
- Launch the start menu and enter cmd in the search field.
- Right-tap on the command prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now here you need to enter “sfc /scannow” in the command line.
- Here you need to wait until the process finished, and then you have to restart your PC. After the process, your all corrupted file exchange on reboot.
7) Perform System Scan
- Visit to start menu and enter “defender” in the search field.
- Double-tap on the windows defender to start the tool.
- Choose the shield logo on the left side pane.
- Tap the Advance scan button that appears on the new window.
- Now you need to check the scan option to start a full system scan to deduct malware.
Abigail Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.