Nowadays, technology is superior enough to offer you unimaginable features and things within a few taps. Do you know that knowing more about your smartphone and laptop settings can offer you a much better user experience? It can also help you in solving certain technical issues, and you would not have to scroll through the internet when you face them. You will be able to personalize your device when you know how every setting is accessed. Let’s learn the most important less known settings on laptops and smartphones that you should learn.
Sources :- Your Laptop or Phone You Should Learn
1. Personalize Your Quick Settings
You can easily customize the Quick Settings on your Android device. With your two fingers, swipe downwards on your screen, and you will see the quick settings panel, and there will be a pencil or edit icon. So press that and then add or remove the quick settings as per your wish.
2. Set Up or Change Default Apps
- Head to Settings and then choose the App and Notifications.
- Then go to Advanced.
- Choose the Default apps option.
Now you will see certain default apps for various functions, be it internet surfing, assist app, launched, or caller id app. You can install any third-party app for any specific function and make it default.
3. Continued Conversation with Google Assistant
You can constantly talk to Google Assistant while on the go without saying hey Google every time.
- To turn it on, simply go to Settings, and then visit Apps and notifications.
- Head to Assistant.
- Now tap the Continued Conversation.
iPhone and iPad Settings
4. Automatically Delete Apps Not in Use
This one of the best settings that you can enable to keep your device performance up to mark. This will help you to keep your storage and RAM functioning efficiently. It is a feature that you can enable.
- To do this, go to Settings.
- Then head to General.
- Go to iPhone Storage.
- Then head to Offload Unused Apps.
Once enabled, it uninstalls any apps that you barely have used on your device when your phone gets low in storage.
5. Send Auto Responses While Driving
In the Do Not Disturb mode, there is a unique feature that lets you enable sending auto-responses to the text messages whenever you drive your car.
- To make it enable, visit Settings on your device.
- Then head to Do not Disturb.
- After that, go to Do not Disturb while driving.
Now it is enabled, and it will send out auto preset responses or predefined messages when you drive at high speed.
6. Let Siri Read out Important Texts for You
This feature works when you connect Second-gen AirPods or Beats headphones with your device. When you possess one of these products, you can enable Siri to read messages for you when you are connected.
- To do this, visit Settings.
- Then head to Notifications.
- Press the option of saying Announce Messages with Siri.
Windows PC Settings
7. Connect your SmartPhone Remotely
Windows is getting much improved in allowing users to use their smartphones within their computers. Now whether you use a Laptop or Desktop, you can access your phone text messages, calls, and much more.
- To do this, head to Settings.
- Then, go to the Phone icon.
- There, follow the onscreen instructions to connect your phone to your PC.
8. Enhance Privacy by Limiting Apps Permission
This feature is good for increasing cybersecurity as it will allow you to manage the permission granted by various applications on your computer. Such as your third party can get access to your PC’s camera, mic, and essential private data that can lead to privacy issues.
- To limit it, head to Settings.
- Then go to Privacy.
- Choose any permission types from the left menu.
- Now tweak them as per your desire.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Business directory and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience