Have you ever felt that you have been followed by someone or some invisible force is watching over you? Isn’t that uncomfortable? From going to the grocery store to your home, or your workplace, you know that an invisible force is following you, watching over your every moment. And that’s no one, but the apps that you have installed on your devices. All the applications on your smart devices have tracking services that follow you and access your location everywhere. You might not be obsessed with your privacy, but your safety and security should be your priority no matter what. And if you want to have a bit more privacy, then you can disable the location services of the applications that you don’t want to share your location with. It is totally in your hand to decide what applications can access your location. After all, it is about your safety and security.
Sources :- Disable the Location Services of Apps on iOS And Android
The location services of the applications collect all data of your life and can use it against you, as well as can harm you. So, in order to avoid the chances of any mishappening, you need to figure out the applications on your devices that are accessing your location information. Choose the applications that you actually want to share your location with and disable the location services of the applications that are unnecessarily accessing your location information. You can use your built-in smartphone controls to limit sharing your location to the third party. In the following article, you will get to know how you can disable the location services of the applications that you don’t want to share your location with.
Steps to Disable the Applications From Sharing Location Information of the iOS and Android Devices.
It is not necessary to enable location services for all the applications running on your device. Enabling location services on some applications might be essential for the better functioning of your device. But, not all the applications need your device location. So, the question that arises here is how to choose the applications that actually need your device location and how to disable the location services on all other unnecessary applications. In this sense, you don’t need to worry at all. Because this article is right for you that will help you in limiting your device location services. Follow the steps mentioned below to have complete knowledge in this regard:
Steps to Disable the Location Services on Your iOS Device
- Tap on the “Settings” option on your device.
- In the settings menu, tap on “Privacy”.
- Tap on the “Location Services” option from the settings menu.
- If you want to disable the location services for all applications, then just tap on the “Location Services” option to turn it off.
- And, if you want to manage the location settings app by app, then you need to go through each application and then choose the “ never” or “while using” option. And ensure that applications that don’t need your location like the games application, music application, and many more are set to “never” to disable the location service on them. While in the case of the other apps, tap on “while using” option as there’s no reason that these apps track your location all the time.
Steps to Disable the Location Service on Your Android Devices
- Open the “Settings” option on your Android device.
- Tap on the “Advanced” option.
- Select “App Permissions.”
- Tap on the “Location” option.
- Go through all the applications if you want to manage the location settings app by app and choose any of the options from “ never” or “while.using” option as per your want.
- Turn off the location service for the apps that you don’t want to share your location with.
You might be surprised to see how many applications are tracking your device location even when that is not needed for all the apps. It’s fine to enable the location services on applications like Uber, Google Maps, and others. But it’s not important for them to track your device location even when these apps are closed. So, it is better to change the permission from “Always” to “While Using” option. It’s time to make your safety and security a priority. It is only your duty to take care of your safety.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on myblog-office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience