Today, there are a number of devices coming with advanced and high-resolution webcams such as Desktop, Laptops, Notebooks, etc. and these Webcams are used especially for video calling. Today, most of the jobs and tasks become online, and thus the use of Videoconferencing with Office clients, etc. becomes very popular. Users may buy an independent webcam for their device, but the first job is to test the resolution and frame rates of these cameras if you are running Windows 10.
Several things should be noted just prior to using these cameras such as connection with your Bluetooth or USB Cable if you own an independent webcam for your device. The second thing is to note and check using the latest drivers for your device.
Sources :- Test and Use your Webcam on Windows 10
Here is how to check the camera of your device running on Windows 10:
Checking Webcam Connection
- In the beginning, you have to ensure that your Webcam is perfectly connected with the device that you are using. Today laptops and Notebooks are coming with built-in cameras, and if you are using such built-ins, then you need not check for any external connection for video calling.
- In case of external or independent Webcam, you should take care and note these things carefully:
- First of all, check that the Webcam is appropriately connected to your system using the desired connection equipment or sources such as Bluetooth or USB cable. If you are connecting a Webcam with a USB cord, then you have to make sure that you are connected to a compatible and perfect connection slot.
- Once the connection is successfully made, then navigate to the next step to install the recent driver.
Installing Latest Driver for Webcam
Windows 10 provides a feature to install the compatible driver automatically once you connect your device to Webcam. In case you found that the driver is appropriate and up to date, then several issues may arise on your device. In this case, you should follow these guidelines to install the recent one:
- First of all, you have to launch the Run box via tapping the respective Windows logo and “R” key simultaneously.
- Now type “devmgmt.msc” into the search panel and then hit the OK tab to continue.
- Once the Device Manager launches on the screen, you have to search for the Cameras option and then open it.
- Now, apply right click on the camera option that you are using and then hit the “Update Driver” tab.
- After that, press the Update Driver Automatically option located at the prompt wizard on your screen.
- Now, wait silently and keep patience until the system scans for any available driver, and then it downloads the relevant one automatically.
- If you go an alternative way, then it is recommended to reach the site of your camera maker and then search for the respective camera edition and build number accordingly. Then, follow the procedures to download the recent drivers for your Webcam.
- Once you have completed all the relevant options, then you have to complete all the procedures manually.
Testing Camera on Windows 10
Once you have successfully abided by all the above instructions, then you have to test your Webcam on Windows 10. There are various ways to check it via conducting online tests.
- Using the Camera App
- First of all, you have to hit the Start menu and then scroll your page downward and move to the “C” section.
- Then, search and choose the option “Camera.”
- In case you are launching the camera section first time, then the app may take your confirmation before prompting another process. Give permission accordingly.
- Now, you have to be ready for the pose and then tap the camera icon located at the right-hand side section to capture the respective shot.
- In case you want to check your Webcam for the video calling process, then hit the arrow tab located at the uppermost right-hand side section of your app. When the video mode gets ON, then hit the Camera icon there and then begin video recording.
- You will get all your images under the section of Camera Roll located inside the Picture option.
Note: there are other two options to check your camera; you can apply these two also on your device accordingly: