Have you ever wondered what an APK is, and how do you install one? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you are about to learn what it is and how to install it if you have downloaded one on your device.
What is an APK File ?
APK is a short term used to say the phrase “Android Package Kit,” which is a format of package file used on the Android operating system. It is very similar to the .exe files on Windows computers that are used to install new software to your device.
APK is a packed version of a working Android application that has to be unpacked in order to use it. It is very simple to download and install. It is far easier to install APK on an Android than installing an .exe file on Windows. Within a few taps, you can get your APK installed on your tablet or phone.
Whenever you download an APK file from the web, you are literally downloading the app. Most of the time, you use Google Play Store to download and install Android apps, but sometimes you may need an APK file to install a specific Android application.
These APK files are most commonly provided by the individual small Android development companies or individuals. You can also use the APKs to install apps if you are unable to download apps directly from Google Play Store.
In case you wish to download an app that is no longer available on Google Play Store due to some reasons, you will surely find it on the internet. However, instead of installing it automatically, you will get an APK version of the app. You have to manually install it on your device in order to use it.
Due to some reasons, Google Play Store doesn’t allow several apps to be listed on its collection that could be very useful for you. Gladly, there are tons of third-party websites where you can download these apps for free in the APK format.
How to Install APK on Your Android Tablet or Smartphone
Follow the steps listed below to promptly download and install APKs on your device:
- First and foremost, find the app that you wish to download on Google Search.
- Once you have found a reliable source for downloading it, navigate it to the app’s download link.
- Wait for the APK file to download completely. It might take a while to download the app if it is a little large.
- Once the APK is downloaded, find it in the File Manager.
- Check the Downloads folder in the internal storage or in the SD card for the file to locate it.
- Once you have found it in the file manager of your android device, open it by tapping once.
- Now follow the prompts to continue.
- Finally, hit the Install button to initiate the installation of the APK file.
- Once the installation is complete, close the installation wizard.
- Now find the app in the apps menu on your device.
Note: when you install an APK, it will not add as a shortcut on the device’s home screen.
This is how you can install an APK file to your Android phone or tablet within no time. Always be very careful while downloading and installing APK from the internet because it could potentially be infected with viruses that can damage your device or its data.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on myblog-search and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.