QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting management software designed and developed by Intuit. Usually, QuickBooks is maintained and utilized by small and medium-sized businesses that provide cloud-based web services for analyzing, calculating and managing payments, expenses, pay bills, and payroll functions. Apart from these all amazing features, QuickBooks offers different versions in order to give you better services. Out of all versions, here we discuss about the QuickBooks Payroll. However, a QuickBooks Payroll is a sort of subscription which is activated to turn on the QuickBooks payroll features in the QuickBooks Software. Depending on need, one can select from basic, enhanced to assisted payroll.
Nevertheless, like some other software while working with the QuickBooks payroll users may encounter an error. Out of all the error, one is QuickBooks Payroll error code 2107 which generally rotates around the compensation and pay of the special direct deposit method of the employee. The error code 2107 creates hurdle in transferring the employee’s salary directly into their account. Normally, the error occurs whenever the user has to subsidize payroll profile with the active direct deposit, and for this user have to subscribe with the Basic or Enhanced Payroll versions. Alternatively, making a new profile for Basic/ Enhanced Payroll. Users profile have been automatically changed from Assistant Payroll to Basic Payroll.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107
Here are a few common symptoms of QuickBooks error code 2107 are as follows-
- It crashes the active program window and shows QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107.
- While running the same program computer system crashes and shows an error message which prevents from using the system.
- Windows respond slowly on keyboard and mouse input.
- Your computer system freezes or works sluggishly for a few moments.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107
Here is the list of Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107 which may be encountered by many QuickBooks Payroll users are as follows:
- Some QuickBooks related files mistakenly deleted by someone.
- Possibly any modification made with the QuickBooks product, the Windows registry has become corrupted.
- QuickBooks program is not installed properly.
- Malware, virus, or any malicious may affect the QuickBooks.
- Corrupted or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107
Before moving further, remember that sometimes these troubleshooting steps are more difficult and more time-consuming. Instead, follow these resolving steps in the correct sequence as mentioned below to avoid trouble and save lots of time. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Run System File Checker
To fix QuickBooks Payroll error code 2107, you need to run the system file checker in your computer system:
- Press the ‘Start’ tab located at the footer right of the screen.
- Press the Windows + R keys together on the screen to open the Run search box. Don’t’ click on enter key yet!
- Long press the Ctrl-Shift key on the keyboard at once.
- After that, a box will appear with the permission dialog box, click on the ‘Yes’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Enter’ key to continue the process.
- Now, a blinking cursor with black color box will appear on the screen.
- Then, type the sfc/scannow under the black color box and click on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Wait for few seconds, System File Checker automatically start the scanning for the error code 2107 and scan the other system file related issues.
- Finally, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution-2: Use Windows System Restore to ‘Undo’ in Latest System Changes
- Firstly, click on the ‘Start’ tab to open the start menu option.
- Click Windows + R at one to open the Run search box on the screen.
- Under the Run search box, type the ‘System Restore’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- From the given results, choose and press the ‘System Restore’ option.
- Type the ‘Administrative Password’ in the given box.
- Then, you need to take help of the Wizard and then follow the instructions to choose the system restore point carefully.
- Lastly, restart the computer system to check QuickBooks is working properly or not.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on QuickBooks Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.