Gmail is used for several purposes, some people use it occasionally, and some use it daily. Now, if you are using one Gmail account and your account is connected with your business clients and friends, so to manage it perfectly, you need to organize everything smoothly. It’s true, people can make several Gmail accounts, but keeping multiple accounts takes double effort to manage. So for the same reason, you are using a single account and trying to organize everyone, you can do that. Now some find it difficult to organize work, clients, and promotion emails, but it’s not like that. The procedure could be lengthy, but it is simply easy.
Sources :- Organize Gmail Inbox with Labels
By organizing the mail, you can easily make a separate section of work mail, client mail, and many more categories of mail. It’s a powerful option that people usually use to put labels on mails. Once you label the mail, it will be easier for you to access them. Simply you need to follow some major steps to access all the settings to manage the mails in different ways.
Before using the labels, it is necessary to create one. You can make multiple labels according to your received mails.
- On the left side of the mailbox, you can find the option of “Create new label.”
- Tap on the option and mention the name of your label.
- Below the name option, you can nest it to the existing label.
- You can also create multiple labels and put your emails into those labels instantly:
- Firstly choose those emails that you want to put into the labels via checking the tiny box on the left side of the mail.
- Tap on several boxes to choose multiple emails.
- Make a right-click.
- Now choose the option “Label as.”
- Apart from following already created labels, you can also create a new label.
- There small windows will pop-up when you choose the option “create new.”
Colour the Labels
Coloring the labels is one of the easiest things. When you color the labels, it helps a lot in browsing. With the help of color, you can easily choose your preferred category of labels.
- Move to the label column name in the left side column.
- Tap on three dots on the right side of the label’s name.
- Tap on “Label colour.”
- Choose the preferred color of the label.
- You can also set the default colour by tapping on Remove colour.
Apply Labels Automatically on Incoming Emails
Automatically labeling the incoming emails is quite an impressive feature. To enable this feature, you need to know how this works. If you are writing an email about finance and want to label the finance email to its related subject, you can set up a filter that will automatically put “finance” in its similar category of emails.
- Firstly you need to create your preferred label.
- The procedure of creating the label is the same as before with the name “Finance.”
- Now move to the Gmail search box.
- Tap on a tiny arrow on the right side of the search column to get the advanced search.
- Mention the appropriate keyword into the following search field.
- Tap on the “Create filter” key.
- It will warn you that several filters will not apply to some incoming emails.
- Tap “Okay” to acknowledge the statement.
- Now you will be redirected to the page where you will choose what you need to do with the filter.
- Once you follow the option, it will label the future email onwards.
- To label the current email as well, mark on “Also apply filters to matching conversations” that are visible on the bottom side of the checklist.
- Tap “Create filter.”
Edit the Filters
Deleting the existing label is also an available option, but for that, you need to go through the main page of Gmail settings. You need to click on the cog at the upper right corner and choose “See all settings” for more options.
- Tap on the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab.
- Here the list of all filters will appear. Individually you can delete and edit it by tapping on the “Edit” or “Delete” link of every label.
- You are allowed to “Export” and “Delete” the labels by tapping them.
Show or Hide the Labels
If you are confused about a lot of labels, Gmail provides you the option to hide specific labels.
- When tap on the “Manage Labels” option on the left side, you will move to the “Labels” section of Gmail settings. By scrolling down on the following page, you will see the list of entire labels.
- You can choose among two options where you want to make the label visible: “Show in the list” and “Show in message list.” The “Label list” on the left side column refers to a list of labels in Gmail.
- This feature is quite simple because, in the following list, you can tap on any preferred label to search all emails related to that label. In the same settings, you can select the hide or show if you have any unread emails with that label.
- “Show in message list” allows you to show and hide the label in the main window.
By following these steps, you will be able to edit or remove every email. Remove the label will not delete any email.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Blog-antivirus and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.