Influencer marketing allows influencers of a particular niche to spread your brand’s message to a broader audience. Influencer marketing is more successful because the audience trusts them.
Influencer marketing is of two types:
“Social Media” where influencers spread your brand’s message on their personal social media profiles while in “Content Marketing”, either you create content for influencers or they create it themselves and participate in marketing campaigns.
In this article, we will be discussing six types of influencers and how to identify them:
Mega influencers are famous celebrities and prominent personalities with a following of more than “one million”. Mega influencers charge a hefty amount for one social media post. Celebrities like Kardashians, Beyonce, and other A-listers are an excellent example of mega influencers. Their one post can reach up to 10 million likes, and that is what they charge such a significant amount of money.
Benefits of Mega influencer:
- Massive reach: Mega influencers have a massive following which is perfect if you want to spread brand awareness.
- Professional: Mega influencers can be reached with the help of agencies, and their specialized team deals with such kinds of endorsements.
- Trendsetters: Mega influencers are known as trendsetters in the industry, and getting your brand’s name associated with them can create a positive impact.
Macro influencers are prominent social personalities specialized in their genre with a following of 10k to 999k. Most of the marketers prefer macro-influencers because they have a broad and loyal audience, thanks to their dedication to one niche.
Benefits of macro influencer:
- Target audience: Macro influencers have a loyal fan base because they are specialized in their niche. Using macro influencers for product branding can maximize your returns from marketing campaigns.
- Better content: Macro influencers survive because of quality content. As a marketer, you don’t have to worry about the content quality because they are highly professional content creators.
- Better access: Macro influencers are easy to access as they are looking for collaborations with brands. They can be approached directly by brands.
Micro-influencers are social media personalities with a strong voice and highly engaged followers. Their follower range can be between 1k to 10k. Their audience has a high level of trust in them because they share their genuine experiences.
Benefits of micro-influencers:
- Low costing: Micro-influencers do not charge a very high amount compared to other prominent influencers. You can reach out to multiple micro-influencers to reach more audiences.
- Better engagement: Micro-influencers have a reliable and loyal fan base because of their authenticity.
- Trust-factor: Audiences tend to follow a micro influencer’s recommendation rather than any other influencers because they hold strong trust in micro-influencers.
The Advocate influencer
The Advocate influencer initiates a conversation about your brand rather than promoting it or defending it. They share their positive experience with your product and services and promote your brand through evangelism.
Benefits of advocate influencer:
- These influencers create more brand visibility among a wider audience.
- Promotes your brand with their honest experiences.
- Makes your brand more visible to your target audience.
As its name suggests, a referrer influencer drives more audience to your brand through strong recommendations. They have a strong community which trusts their recommendations. They increase the chances of getting a new audience for your brand.
Benefits of referrers:
- They increase the footfall and drive more people to your business.
- They promote your brand by sharing their personal experiences.
- They create warm leads for your brands.
Loyalists are the ones who stand with your brand through ups and downs. They continuously recommend your brand and increase brand awareness.
Benefits of loyalists:
- They are loyal to you until the end.
- They drive a significant section of the audience to your brand.
- They increase brand awareness by always recommending your brand.
Involving influencers in your marketing strategy can be a game-changer for your brand. Eradicate the traditional digital ad strategy because the buyers are more aware nowadays. They do not get impressed with fancy ads on the internet. This is where influencers hold an advantage. They drive more engagement, make your brand more visible, generate a positive image of your brand, and drive more leads to you. Depending on the objective of your marketing campaign, you can choose the influencer which suits your needs.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Norton.com/setup and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.