Grammarly is a great tool which helps in rectifying the mistakes and also provides you with best-in-class suggestions for your prepared content. For Google Docs, you just need to add a Grammarly extension to Chrome. But what if you are using MS Word and want to use Grammarly for your prepared document? You can do so. Now you can download and install Grammarly for Word and that too for free. In this article, we have mentioned the ways with which you can install Grammarly on MS Word. You can follow the below-mentioned titles for further details:
Sources :- Grammarly to Word
How to Install Grammarly on Microsoft Word
You only need a couple of minutes to complete the downloading and installing procedure of Grammarly for MS Word. It is entirely free to download for Word, but the steps would be a bit different if you are downloading and installing it on Mac or for a Windows PC.
If you want to install Grammarly for Windows, follow these steps:
- You need to download the Grammarly setup file on your PC. You can do it by visiting the Grammarly for Microsoft Word and Outlook website.
- There you need to click on “Get it for Windows.”
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, double-click on it to start your installation process.
- When the installation prompt window appears, click on Get Started.
- In the next window, click on the Grammarly product you want to use. If you want to use Grammarly for Word, click on that otherwise click on Grammarly for Outlook. The installation process will get completed in a while. When it is finished, a confirmation message will appear on your screen. You need to click on Finish to exit the screen.
If you want to install Grammarly for Mac, follow these steps:
- Open any MS Word document on your Mac and click on the Insert menu and from the Insert Ribbon, select Get Add-Ins.
- It will open up the Microsoft store where you need to type Grammarly in the search bar and select it on appearing.
- Click on “GET IT NOW,” in the Grammarly setup page.
- You will get redirected to Terms and Conditions of Microsoft where you need to click on Continue.
- Click “Open in Word” on the next window. This will open up a new document with Grammarly and instructions on how to use it.
- Click on “Trust this add-in” in the right navigation pane to add Grammarly to your Ribbon.
- Then click on Continue, and the add-in will get placed to your Ribbon from where you can start using Grammarly in Word on your Mac.
How to Use Grammarly in Word?
To use Grammarly in Word, you will have to create a new document, or you can open an existing one. Once your document gets opened up, Grammarly will review all the existing content in your already created file or monitor the text if you are creating a new document. Grammarly will highlight the word or phrase with a red color underline whenever it comes across any mistakes made by you. While hovering your cursor over the underlined text with the red line, you will get a suggestion regarding how you can fix the error. You can click on that suggestion to accept it. Click Dismiss if you don’t want to replace your text with the suggested content.
Millions of people around the world extensively use Grammarly for making their content look more cleaner and neatly arranged. Grammarly helps a lot in rectifying mistakes in a document, and it provides you with suggestions and replacement for the words you have placed incorrectly in your document.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on 2020-Directory and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience