Recently, Microphones are becoming one of the most utilized in modern computing for communicating with colleagues and friends, recording sound, and doing a range of some other activities. However, there are several numbers of microphones which are built-in within tablet, laptop, phone, while some others are the part of the peripheral devices including, a camera and a headset. But there are also some standard microphones which are usually used by many people across the globe.
Although functionality might vary, as we know, all of these devices are usually connected to the computer system apart from their purpose. Thus, the Microphone not working properly issues is pretty common and affecting the operating system and various other platforms. However, the problems might differ to a degree as the microphone might not working with some certain applications, or some of its functions might working badly, or there is a possibility that the quality of transmission might be bad and many others. The reason behind this Microphone not working is hardware wear and tear or its age. Well, there are various other causes for this peripheral device such as Microphone not working, for instances:
- Outdated or corrupted microphone drivers.
- Faulty Windows updates.
- Turned off the microphone.
- Buggy Windows Audio service.
Nevertheless, there are numerous things which you can do to troubleshoot Microphone not working error on Windows 10. Therefore, before you start the procedure, one should have to ensure that their hardware is indeed. For doing this, you have to connect your Microphone to some other device like a phone or computer and ensure that input or output is working properly. Here are some solutions which help you in fixing the Microphone not working issue. The steps are discussed below.
Sources :- RESOLVE THE MICROPHONE
Steps to Resolve Microphone not Working Issue
Before you start the process, we suggest you follow them in the same sequence as mentioned in the screen. These steps are sometimes more time-consuming and difficult, follow them in the same way as discussed below will save lots of time. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Turn On Microphone
To troubleshoot this, follow these steps:
- Right-tap on the “Start” tab to open the “Start” menu.
- Choose “Settings” to launch it on the screen.
- Tap on the “Privacy” option.
- Choose the “Microphone” option located in the left pane of the screen.
- Ensure that “Let apps use my microphone” feature is turned on. In case, if not enabled, tap on the toggle to enable it.
Solution-2: Ensure that the Microphone is not Muted
- Right-press on the “Speaker” icon located at the footer right side of the screen inside the taskbar.
- Choose the “Sounds” option.
- Next, choose “Recording’ option located at the top of the screen.
- Choose the microphone and tap on the “Properties” option.
- Choose the “Levels” tab and set the sound up.
Solution-3: Update Windows OS
Outdated Windows OS might create lots of issues for the users. Thus, ensure that Windows OS is up to date. Follow the steps:
- Navigate to the “Settings” option and choose “Update & Security” option.
- Tap on the “Check for Updates” located on the right side of the screen.
- Now, Windows will automatically install a new patch.
- Finally, restart your computer system.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Canon Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.