Printer system error 1797 occurs due to corrupted configured system files in the Windows operating system. Error 1797 is a numerical error and easy to identify. It contains many error information like action caused the error, possible cause error, error number, and address, etc. In this blog, we will teach you how you can fix printer system error 1797 issue with easy steps.
How to Fix Printer System Error 1797: Printer Driver Unknown,
Here are the easy way in this blog to solve the issue fix printer system error 1797 when the printer drivers are unknown:-
- Run the Printer Troubleshoot
- Add Printer Driver
- Update Printer Driver
- Restart Services
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Run System File Checker
1) Run the Printer Troubleshoot
Here are the steps on how to How to Fix printer system error 1797 via run the printer troubleshoot:-
- Hit the start icon and then choose Settings.
- Tap on the Update and Security.
- Tap on the troubleshoot in the left panel.
- Navigate to the Getup and running option.
- Hit on the Printer.
- Hit on Run the troubleshoot option.
- Now the troubleshoot scan the device and find the issue in your device.
- Follow the command appear on your screen to fie the issues.
Now try to install the drivers and then check for improvements.
2) Add Printer Driver
Here are the steps on how to How to fix printer system error 1797 via adding printer driver:-
- Hit the start icon and choose Settings.
- Move to the printer and scanner section.
- Tap on the Add a printer.
- Hit Printer that is not in the list appears on the screen.
- In the Find, a printer option windows, choose to Add a local or network printer with manual settings.
- Tap Next.
- Choose to Use an existing port.
- Tap the drop-down menu and choose File.
- Hit Next.
- Choose Windows Update.
- In the Generic, you can see several PS printers.
Maybe you need to spend a few moments to find the printer on the list.
3) Update Printer Driver
Here are the steps on how to How to fix printer system error 1797 via updating printer driver:-
- Tap Win + R key to open Run.
- Write devmgmt.msc and then tap OK to launch the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, open the Print queues option.
- Right-tap on a printer with printer error and choose Update driver.
- In the next screen, Choose Search for updates drives software automatically.
- After this command window will find any pending updates in your device and then install the updates.
When the driver installed in your device, restart your PC.
4) Restart Services
Here are the steps on how to How to fix printer system error 1797 via restarting services:-
- Tap Win + R key together to open Run.
- Enter services.msc and then tap on OK to start the service.
- Find the following service:-
- Right-tap on the RPC service and choose Stop.
- Right-tap on the RPC service again and choose Start.
- Repeat this command for all the services listed above.
- Find HTTP service.
- When you have found open it.
- Tap on the start icon, enter cmd, then right-tap on the Command Prompt, and choose Run as administrator.
- In the command field type (net start http) and then hit the enter button.
Now check the improvement on your device.
5) Disable Windows Firewall
Here are the steps on how to How to fix printer system error 1797 via disabling windows firewall:-
- Tap on the Start and choose Settings.
- Tap Updates and Security.
- Choose Windows Security.
- Tap on the Firewall and Network protection.
- Tap on the currently active network.
- Tap on the icon and switch to turn off the Windows Firewall.
- Now install the printer driver to check the improvement.
Turn Off Antivirus
- Hit n the Show hidden icon option in the taskbar.
- Right-tap on the Firewall icon and choose Disable temporarily.
- Now again, install the printer driver to check the improvement.
6) Run System File Checker
Here are the steps on how to How to fix printer system error 1797 via run system file checker:-
- Tap on the Start Icon and enter cmd.
- Right-tap on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt, enter (sfc /scannow) and hit the Enter button.
- Restart your PC when scanning the completed.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Epson printer support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.