Windows 10 provides various features to its users for updating it to the recent version and installing various applications with improved technology. In some cases, users face various issues such as high CPU usage or WMI Provider Host issue.Generally, higher usage of CPU is due to several system elements and applications. High CPU usage means that your device is unable to allocate proper memory for a fresh process to run. It can be fixed by upgrading your windows to the latest edition.
When the CPU is using high power, the fan runs in its maximum speed, thus reduces its life span too. In this case, it is recommended to fix the issue so that the fan runs as usual for enhancing the life span of the CPU exhaust fan. In case you are also running in the issue of high CPU usage or WMI Provider Host issue, then follow these instructions to fix this CPU problem:
Sources :- How to Fix CPU Usage Error on Windows 10
Using System Maintenance Troubleshooter
It’s the built-in app of Windows to run to fix various issues.
- First and foremost, tap Window and R keys to launch Run Dialog box.
- Then, insert the keywords “msdt.exe_id maintenance_diagnostic” into the provided search space.
- Next, hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will see a new window expands on your device screen related to System maintenance.
- Hit the Next tab and abide by the onscreen instructions.
- Finally, check that the issue is resolved by running the maintenance tool.
Running System Performance Troubleshooting Tool
- Hit the Window key and X tab to launch the menu panel of Window + X.
- Once the Window expands, then hit the Command Prompt option having administrator privileges.
- Now, input these keywords into the provided blank section of Command:
- “msdt_exe / id_Performance_Diagnostic”
- Hit the Enter tab to proceed.
- Now, it is directed to obey all the guidelines displayed on your screen to finish other related issues.
- Now, make sure that the particular issue is resolved successfully.
Run Event Viewer Tool
- In the beginning, tap Window logo and Y keys at one go and then hit the Event Viewer option from the expanded listing.
- After a while, the Event Viewer Tool will expand on your device, then hit the View tab.
- Now, mark the tick box related to “Show Debug and Analytic Logs.”
- Go towards the Services and Applications log by navigating the left-hand side panel.
- Then hit the option “Microsoft.”
- Now, tap on WMI activity.
- After that, hit the section “Operational” to proceed.
- Now, choose any of the provided error and then inspect it for additional data.
- Next, search for the option “ProcessId” and check the relevant value.
Note: Your system might have multiple errors, and thus it is advised to check all the possible error options for complete troubleshooting. You have to note down all the value of “ProcessId.”
- After that, hit the tab Ctrl and simultaneously Shift and Esc that will initiate Task Manager Window there.
- When the Task Manager launches on your screen, hit the Services section, and then check the PID data for all the available active services.
Note: one can close the annoying app or services by tapping the right mouse button, followed by hitting the option “Stop” there.
Deactivating the Service of Software Framework
- First and foremost, tap Window and R keys simultaneously.
- Then, type “services.msc” into the provided section.
- Now, you will view a complete listing of various options.
- Now, locate the framework service of your product services providers such as HP, Dell, or Samsung.
- Then, tap double click on the respective service to launch its properties option there.
- Once the Properties option expands up, set the option Disabled instead of any other option into the section of “Startup Type.”
- Then, hit the Stop button there to shut down the particular framework service.
- Press the tab “Apply” and then tap on, OK.
Note: This service generally applied for HP, especially, but it can be performed on any other service framework.
Deleting “Conduit Search” Feature
- At the start, tap Ctrl-Shift and Esc key to launch Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes section and search for the option “Conduit Search.” Now right-click on it and then select the option “End Task.”
- Once the program shuts down, hit two keys simultaneously: Window and I keys. This action will launch the Settings page.
- Now, hit the System option.
- Then, navigate to the left-hand side panel and tap Features and App section there.
- You will view all the installed applications.
- Now hit the option “Conduit Search” and tap the Uninstall button there.
Note: Conduit Search is a type of malware that is said to be the possible reason for this issue. It gets installed on your device through other applications without informing you about the installation. Some other applications occupy extra space on your device and become the cause of multiple issues.
- Finally, reboot the device and then check that the issue is still arising or not.
Abigail Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.