Windows 10 provides numerous features for its users that attract users around the globe; there is a range of features that makes this operating system quite user friendly, and hence it supports many languages.
Apart from this, few of them don’t generally prefer to have their setting in default display language. In those cases, there’s a need to remove or change the settings accordingly. Sometimes, we prefer to retain the default language on our device, but sometimes we need to modify it under settings. In this article, we cover up the package and procedure top reinstall Windows 10 under which different methods are listed.
Sources :- How to Reinstall the Windows 10 Language Pack
Using and Modifying Language
In certain conditions, we need to change the language of our display if we need to work with another language that is not the default one. To do the reinstallation of the Windows 10 language pack becomes mandatory, and thus we are providing some of the prominent ways to do this task such as Command Prompt and Settings panel.
To modify the default language on your PC, you have to reinstall the language pack of Windows 10 in these offered procedures:
Reinstalling Language Pack on Windows 10
- Uninstalling the Language Pack
- Uninstall Windows 10 Language pack via Language Settings
- First and foremost, hit the Start tab and then press the cog icon to launch the Settings page.
- After that, choose the section “Language and Time.”
- Now, navigate towards the left-hand side section and select the option “language” there.
- Next, move towards the right-side panel and then choose the display language tab prior to the process of deletion of any of the options.
- Hit the desired language pack of your choice for the uninstallation process, followed by the option “Remove.”
- Reinstalling Windows Pack through Windows PowerShell
- First and foremost, hit the right tap on the icon Start and then select the option “Windows PowerShell” having admin privileges. This option will expand via the menu of Windows + X.
- After that, hit the Yes tab there that will appear via the pop-out menu of the User Account Control window.
- When the blue colored prompt screen appears, then input the following command into the command prompt:
- Now, navigate to the section of the language pack and then write the value of the respective language tag for your desired pack.
- Now, run each and every command individually and confirm to hit the Enter key there to proceed.
- Next, you have to replace the value tag with these keywords: “LANGUAGE_ATG” into the section of the secondary command path. Now enter the following command to execute the operation:
“$Marked_Lang-=-$Lang_List /-where_Language_Tag -eq //LANGUAGE TAG//”
- Once you have successfully executed the paths mentioned above on your device, shut down the PowerShell operation.
- Then, hit the Settings application to get it launched on your desktop.
- Navigate to Language and Time application.
- Now, go to the section of language and then navigate towards the right-hand section, now will view that the particular language pack is removed from your device.
- Reinstalling Language Pack through Elevated Command Prompt Windows
- In the beginning, enter the keywords “cmd.exe” into the task search bar and then navigate to the resulting Command Prompt option there.
- After that, run the program with all the administrative privileges.
- Next, hit the “Yes” tab there situated at the prompt section of UAC. It will launch the prompt related to the Command Prompt in elevated mode.
- Then, apply copy and paste operation followed by the Enter tab. You can enter the same as written below:
- Now, you will see the uninstallation and installation display prompt on your device.
- Now, choose your desired language that you wish to delete.
- Then hit the Enter button to proceed.
- Wait for some time as the language pack initiates the process of uninstallation. In case the device asks for the system to restart, then hit the respective tab for this action.
Installing the Language Packs on Your device
Once you have performed the uninstallation process to remove the issue creating a language pack, then its time to reinstall on your device afresh. Continue with the mentioned instructions to do the same:
- Firstly, tap on the Windows logo, and I Keys at one go to launch Windows Settings page.
- Now, go towards the option “Language and Time” there.
- After that, navigate to the left-hand side section of your screen and hit the languages tab there.
- Move towards the alongside section and then press the option available for adding the language.
- A box will expand on your screen, and you will see various language packs there. The page will provide various options such as download, installation, and the benefits, etc. There, you have to choose your desired language and then hit the tab “Next.”
- Go to the next screen and make sure to mark the marked box related to the installation of your language.
- Hit the tab “Next” to proceed.
- After a while, you will see that the pack starts to download, and you can use the same language as your default one.
- In case you wish to install various other features such as handwriting, spell checking, basic writing, speech recognition, etc., then hit the “Options” button there related to the particular language pack.
Note In case you still experiencing the issue, then you may take help of Microsoft by contacting them.
Abigail Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.