Google Drive is a useful and innovative application owned and operates by Google. The app allows users to store any sort of data in maximum storage of 15 GB. However, and there is a specific way of purchasing a 1TB upgrade by Google. Although being an essential and vital tool of Google, the Google Drive application is short of a feature to remove or replace the duplicate files. There is specific software that has been developed, especially for Google Drive, to remove the duplicate files. The software name is Clone Files Checker and is available for free. In the subsequent blog, we are going to share a guide with our users to install and use Clone File Checker to remove the duplicate files from Google Drive.
Installing Clone Files Checker
The users first need to install the Clone Files Checker on their device. They can easily download the latest version of Clone Files Checker from the internet; Once they successfully downloaded the file of Clone Files Checker, then they need to open it and start the installation process. Once the users successfully installed Clone Files Checker on their device. Then they need to proceed further to the below-written workaround.
How to Remove Duplicate Files
Once the users successfully installed the latest version of Clone Files Checker, then they need to utilize it to remove the duplicate files on their preferred Google Drive. Here are the instructions to use Clone Files Checker.
- The users first need to tap on the Clone Files Checker app.
- After it is successfully launched, then they need to select the tab of Cloud Scan.
- After that, the users need to choose the icon of Load Drive.
- Thereafter, they need to insert their Google account credentials.
- Once the users successfully reached the above set of instructions, then they need to access their Google Drive folder.
- Then, the users have to choose a specific drive folder from which they seek to remove duplicate files.
- Once the users successfully accessed to the subsequent drive, then they have to mark all the files.
- The users need to tap on the icon of Custom after they marked all the files.
- Once the users successfully tap on the Custom icon, then they need to press the Start Search icon.
- A specific scan will be started running on the screen.
- Once the scanning completes, the users need to tap on the option of Select Duplicates.
- Then, the users need to choose the option of Retain Newest Files.
- After that, the users have to tap on the icon of Select Action.
- Thereafter, they need to click on the option of Permanent Delete.
- Once they successfully click on the option of Permanent Delete, then they need to pick the symbol of Move Items to Trash.
- Thereafter, they have to tap on the Continue button to move ahead.
Once the users successfully tap on the Continue button, then all the duplicate files on their selected Google Drive will be permanently deleted. It will not only save the Drive space but also delete the confusion of the users.
Google Drive is one of the most used tools in the whole world. The users who are unaware of Google Drive, it is a cloud storage tool that provides a free space of 15Gb with one Google account. In the subsequent blog, we have discussed a specific workaround to resolve one of the flaws of Google Drive. We hope that the article will help them in resolving the issue.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on blog-antivirus and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience