Fitbit offers you a wide range of smartwatches, fitness bands and accessories that help you stay fit. These wearable devices can track the heart rate, number of steps, and calculate the calories burned depending on your height, weight, exercise, etc.
Sources :- Fitbit Update Failed
However, Fitbit users are facing issues while updating their devices. This error could come up due to a range of issues such wrong time and date settings or improper installation of the Fitbit application. So, if you want to fix this issue, then follow the solutions mentioned in this blog.
Reboot the Devices
Here is how you can reboot:
- Firstly, you have to shut the Fitbit application on your device.
- After that, reboot the Fitbit device then try to update the firmware and check whether the problem is fixed.
- If the issue still persists, switch off the Fitbit device and the phone both.
- Later, switch on the Fitbit device and wait until you see the device turns on correctly.
- Now, switch on the mobile phone and try updating again.
Set Time and Date Setting of the Devices
You can use the following steps to change the settings:
- Firstly, shut the Fitbit application on your device.
- Thereafter, invoke the Settings of your mobile phone and launch the Date and Time option.
- You should turn off the ‘Automatic Date & Time’ option.
- Then, correct the time zone and set the time and date as you want.
- Don’t forget to unmark the ‘Daylight Savings’ option.
- Next, you should open the Fitbit application then launch the Today section.
- After that, select the ‘Your Profile Picture’ option and launch the Advanced Settings.
- Now, turn off the ‘Set Automatically’ option for the time zone.
- Set the time and date on your Fitbit application as well.
- Don’t forget to match the time on your phone and Fitbit.
- Synchronize the Fitbit and then reboot both the devices.
- Now, attempt to run an update on the device to look at whether the problem is fixed.
Disconnect and Forget the Fitbit Device in the Settings of Phone
Here is how you can unpair and forget the Fitbit:
- First of all, you have to close the Fitbit application on your phone.
- Then launch the Settings of your mobile.
- Then you should choose the Bluetooth option and select the name of a Fitbit device.
- Later, choose the ‘Forget this Device’ or ‘Unpair’ option.
- After that, delete each paired device through the Bluetooth settings of the mobile.
- You have to turn off the Bluetooth option of the mobile.
- Now, reboot the Fitbit devices and mobile.
- Once you reboot, turn on the Bluetooth of the device and then pair it to the Fitbit as you would have done the first time.
- Then check whether the update is being initialized.
Updating your device regularly allows you to enjoy the best and latest features of the device and its application. You can successfully update your Fitbit through the application. However, if you face an update error, try the solutions above to overcome those.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Blog-antivirus and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.