Mac users come across ‘Setting up your Mac’ message in the middle of the software update. If you also encounter this same message, don’t panic. Just do a restart your Mac device. Whenever your Mac system takes a lot of time for updating, then immediately, you should go for simple system check. Also, reset ‘System Management Controller’ (SMC) for solving this issue. In this blog, we will be discussing the various ways to fix the Mac Stuck on Setting up your Mac screen.
The method of resetting SMC on a Mac device with non-removable batteries
Sources :- Fix Mac Stuck
Follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- Firstly, switch off your Mac device.
- Then, plug it in.
- After that, press the given combination altogether. Shift+Control+Option+the Power button. Continue pressing it for 20 seconds.
- Next, turn on the Mac one more time.
- Then, begin the software update one more time.
The method of resetting SMC on a Mac device with removable batteries
Have a look at the below mentioned instructions carefully.
- Firstly, turn off your Mac device.
- Then, you need to disconnect from a plug.
- After that, take out the batteries.
- Do a long press on the power switch for 5 seconds.
- Next, insert the batteries to its original place.
- Then, attach it to plug one more time.
- After that, turn it on.
- Lastly, you need to begin the software update one more time.
The method of cleaning system junk before updating the Mac operating system
- Firstly, you require getting a free version of CleanMyMac X.
- Then, press on the system junk option.
- Lastly, you need to remove the files by tapping on Clean.
The method of turning off launch agents and daemons
- Firstly, you require to download CleanMyMac X. You shall get it free of cost.
- Then, press on the Optimization option.
- Next, tap on Launch Agents.
- After that, see the complete list nicely.
- Lastly, the items that you feel are the culprit need to be removed. Don’t worry! You can get them back just after some time.
For Additional Knowledge
CleanMyMac X is an application that is extremely helpful for Mac’s performance. It comprises plenty of features as well as tools that make the Mac run in a better way. So you should go for this application as soon as possible.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Lexmark Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.