You might have noticed that the Bluetooth related problem does not occur normally. But whenever it happens, you need to avail hefty measures in order to solve the issue. Fortunately, the Bluetooth problem can be solved easily. Go through this blog to know the same.
Method 1: Resetting the SMC if Bluetooth not present
Follow the given below instructions carefully.
Sources :- Fix Mac Bluetooth
Reset the SMC (non-removable batteries)
- Firstly, switch off your Mac device.
- Then, you need to plug in the power adapter.
- After that, press the combination of Shift+Control+Option as well as Power switch altogether for a few seconds.
- Note that you need to lift up your fingers altogether.
- Lastly, you need to boot the Mac device.
Reset the SMC (removable batteries)
- Firstly, shut down the MacBook.
- Then, take out the battery.
- After that, you need to disconnect the power adapter.
- Next, do a long press on the Power button for 10 seconds.
- After that, connect the battery and power adapter.
- Lastly, boot your device.
Reset SMC for iMac, Mac mini, and Mac Pro
Have a look at the below-mentioned points.
- Firstly, shut down the device.
- Then, disconnect the power cord.
- After that, hold the Power option for a few seconds. For instance, around 5 seconds.
- Next, connect the power cord.
- Lastly, boot the device.
Method 2: Remove .plist files
- Firstly, you need to close any application which is trying to connect with Bluetooth.
- Then, put the combination of Command+Shift+G in the Finder.
- Go to ~/Library/Preferences/.
- After that, press on Go.
- Next, search for the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file.
- Remove it.
- Lastly, reboot your Mac device.
Method 3: Remove downloads
See the below-mentioned steps properly.
- Firstly, Download CleanMyMac X.
- Open it.
- Then, press on Large and Old Files.
- After that, choose the new downloads that you want to delete.
- Next, tap on Clean.
If you wish to remove downloads manually, you should do it in the Finder.
- Firstly, go to the Finder.
- Then, put the combination of Command+Shift+G.
- After that, write ~/.
- Next, do a double click on the Downloads folder.
- Lastly, remove any downloaded file that you do not want to have anymore.
If you got an application associated to a downloaded item and you think that it is the reason behind the malfunctioning of your Bluetooth, then you should use CleanMyMac X for deleting it:
- Firstly, go to CleanMyMac X.
- Then, press on Uninstaller.
- After that, choose the application which you wish to delete from the list.
- Next, tap on Uninstall.
Method 4: Reset the Bluetooth module
- Firstly, do a long press on the Shift+Option button of your keyboard.
- Then, press the Bluetooth menu.
- After that, press on the Debug.
- Next, choose Remove all devices.
- Then, press Debug one more time.
- After that, choose ‘Reset the Bluetooth module’.
- Next, restart the Mac device.
- Lastly, you need to repair all of your Bluetooth devices.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Lexmark Printer Support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.