Enhancing security is one of the primary concern every internet user has, and understandably so. Instagram is among the most used social media platform globally, and if you wish to secure it, then setting up two-step verification might be a good step. In case you do not know how to do so, then we will help you out.
Sources :- How to Set up Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram Account?
Set up Two-Factor Authentication for Instagram using Texting
If you would like to set up two-factor authentication for Instagram using texting, then abide by the given steps.
- Launch the application of Instagram on the phone.
- You should choose the Profile button at the lower side of the navigation section.
- Then select the hamburger menu icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Go to the Settings option at the end of the screen.
- You have to select the Security button.
- Navigate to the Two-Factor Authentication and tap on it.
- Thereafter, tap on the Get Started.
- You have to switch the toggle near to the Text Message.
- After that, input the code sent to the mobile.
- Later, go to the Next button, tap on it.
- Now, tap on the Done.
Set up Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram Account using an Authentication Application
If you wish to set up the two-factor authentication for the Instagram account using an authentication application, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the Instagram application and launch it on the phone.
- You should tap on the profile button at the lower side of the navigation section.
- Then tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- You have to select the Settings button on the lower side of the screen.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Security option.
- Select the Two-Factor Authentication option.
- You should tap on the Get Started.
- Switch the toggle near to the Authentication Application.
- Go to the Next button.
- Choose the authentication application you would like to use.
- You should tap on the Save.
- Get a return to Instagram and tap on the Next.
- Now, input the code within the authentication application and tap on the Next button.
- Finally, go to the Done option and tap on it.
Turn off Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
If you would like to turn off the two-factor authentication for Instagram, then abide by the given steps.
- Go to the hamburger menu button at the right-hand side of the screen.
- You should tap on the Settings option.
- Then select the Security settings.
- You have to select the blue color button to disable it.
- Thereafter, verify you would like to disable the two-factor authentication function.
- Now, tap on Done.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on McAfee.com/activate and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.