When a user blocks another user on Instagram, the first user won’t be able to see the blocked person’s posts and other content. At the same time, the blocked person won’t be able to interact with the other person.
In case the first user changes their mind and wishes to unblock the blocked user, the process is pretty easy.
Sources :- Unblock a Blocked User on Instagram
If you also went through the same situation, and wish to unlock the person that you blocked a few days back, follow the instructions mentioned in this article. In this article, you will learn how to unblock someone on Instagram so that you can get your friend back.
Let’s get started!
How to Unblock a User on Instagram
There are two basic ways to get this done: the first method is simple, just navigate to the profile of the blocked person and unblock from there; the second method uses your Instagram settings to unblock a blocked person. Let’s learn each method one by one, and then you will be able to use the method that suits you best.
Method 1: Unblock a User on Instagram Using the Profile Page
The easiest and straightforward solution to unblock someone on your Instagram account is simply opening the user’s profile page. Instagram allows users to see the profile of blocked users. However, if someone blocked you, you will not be able to see the person’s profile that has blocked you.
You can use this method even if you are using your system to browse Instagram in an internet browser. Gladly, this way, you can unblock someone easily, even if you are using the Instagram app on your Android device or iPhone.
Follow the instructions given down here to quickly unblock your beloved friend:
- First and foremost, open the Instagram app on your smartphone or tablet. The computer users should open Instagram.com on a web browser.
- Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Once you are signed in, navigate to the profile of the person that you wish to unblock. To visit their profile, you can use the search feature or find an old conversation with the user.
- From there, you will be able to reach the profile of the blocked user.
- Once you are reached to the user profile, you should see the Unblock button next to the Message button.
- Press it to promptly unblock the person.
- You will now see a new prompt on your screen to verify whether you seriously want to make this happen.
- So just press the Unblock button to get your friend back.
Congrats! You have successfully unblocked the user. You will see a notification that the user has been now unblocked, but you can again block it anytime as per your wish. Now refresh the profile page of the person to see the content of the user. If you want to refresh the profile page of the person on your smartphone app, just swipe down.
Method 2: Via Account Settings
In case you are unable to find and open the profile page of the person that you wish to unblock, which is most likely to happen, you can use your account settings. The account settings of your Instagram will allow you to see all blocked persons, and from there, you will be able to unblock the person.
When you don’t remember the person’s Instagram handle, you might not be able to navigate the profile page. The search option might help a little, but would not work effectively as there could be millions of users with the same name. In such cases, you can use this method to easily unblock someone on Instagram.
Follow the instructions mentioned down here to unblock a blocked user:
- First and foremost, open Instagram either on your smartphone or computer.
- Then, ensure you have signed in to your account.
- Click on your profile photo to open the account options.
- Then you have to press the three diagonal lines to open the menu.
- Head to Settings.
- Once there, you have to navigate to Privacy.
- Go to Blocked Accounts.
- Now you will be taken to a list of the accounts that you have blocked.
- In the blocked persons list, you have to find the user that you wish to unblock.
- Once you find it, you will see the “Unblock” icon next to the user’s name.
- Press that button to unblock it.
- Once you see the confirmation prompt, just head to the Unblock option.
- Voila! You have successfully unblocked the user.
From now on, you will be able to see the person’s posts, content, and other items. The unblocked user also would be able to see your posts and content.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on myblog-office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience